I think I’m starting to show a little… I’m finally past the “I look like I ate too much” phase. 🙂
I’ve started wearing maternity clothes although they’re still a little big for me but my regular pants are just too uncomfortable to wear.
Unless I wear them unbuttoned with a BellaBand, a wonderful product some other mommies out there helped me discover. It’s a pretty cool idea to save a bit of money on maternity clothes and it works great. 😉
What am I eating? Now that my little bit of morning sickness is gone, I find it a bit easier to eat with gusto. And I do get hungry a lot more often. From eating 3-4 times a day, I now eat at least 5 times a day. Here are a few of my meals in the last few weeks.
Clockwise from the top left:
- grass-fed beef and organic veggies cooked in butter
- smoothie made with coconut milk, banana and frozen raspberries (organic)
- fig energy bites (from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook)
- homemade bone broth (recipe here)
- grass-fed burgers with caramelized onions, guacamole, spinach salad and sweet potato fries
- sardines and a bowl of thick smoothie (same recipe as above) sprinkled with dried unsweetened coconut
- omelet with pastured eggs, organic sausages, spinach and tomato sauce
- grain-free sushi made with smoked salmon, avocado, organic nori and coconut aminos
- grass-fed burgers with sautéed kale and carrots in ghee
- Popeye meatloaf (a good way to sneak in liver)
- zucchini noodles with onions, mushrooms, pastured hard-boiled eggs and homemade mayo (with avocado oil)
Other things I eat that are not pictured here:
- organic fruits (oranges and mangoes mostly)
- chocolate! (all kinds but especially dark with ginger)
- raspberry leaf and nettle tea
- spoonful of sunflower seed butter as a snack if there’s nothing else to eat!
Other things I do:
- I try doing a bit of yoga and stretching 15-30 min most mornings
- I drink tons of water (I’m always thirsty)… possibly up to 3 L a day!
- I still supplement with the same things I listed in my “first trimester update“
- I sleep 9 hours a night (I always go to bed between 9-9:30 pm)
- I don’t stress myself as much with school and continue studying from the comfort of my couch instead of attending classes whenever possible
I think that should help me build a healthy baby! 🙂