You might have heard the famous quote from Hippocrates “Health starts in the gut”.
These words of wisdom are actually 100% true and are now backed up with tons of scientific studies.
What you can learn about your digestion by looking at your poop can give you the clues you need to improve your digestion, your overall health and your quality of life! Look at the following chart to see how your poop measures up… not in size but in quality!
So what is the perfect poop like?
It should be close to a #4 on this chart. It should be easy to pass, free of undigested food and of a brown color. You should also have a satisfying feeling of complete evacuation after your bowel movement. If that doesn’t look like your poop, you should consider taking a closer look at your digestion!
Other signs that your digestion might not be working properly:
- bloating or abdominal distension
- abdominal discomfort, pain or cramping
- brain fog, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, headaches, migraines
- mood swings (irritability, depression, anxiety…)
- skin issues (acne, dry skin, eczema…)
- autoimmune conditions (rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, multiple sclerosis…)
- weight problems (being underweight OR overweight…)
- sleep issues (insomnia…)
- nutritional deficiencies (protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals…)
- and the list goes on….
So what do you do if you have digestive issues? Might be time to get your hands on the digestive bible “Digestive Health with REAL Food” to get more info about what’s going on and the best protocol to heal your gut.
Need more support?
- join my online Digestive Health with REAL Food Community,or
- work 1:1 with me (Aglaée Jacob, registered dietitian nutritionist) from wherever you are (online via Skype).