Most people starting on a REAL food diet (Paleo, GAPS, SCD, grain-free, gluten-free, low-carb…) miss the convenience of their former snack foods. Unfortunately, the majority of the snack options at the grocery store are made of grains or contain sugar and other processed ingredients. Fruits are an option, but not if you are trying to limit your carbohydrate intake. Nuts are also a good choice, but only if your gut is healthy. So what else can you eat?
Try these grain-free, gluten-free and sugar-free, Paleo-friendly, low-carb omelet “muffins”. Use any combination of vegetables you like. You can even add bacon, sausages or cheese if you tolerate these foods well! 😀
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 cup of a combination of vegetables
- coconut oil or ghee
- salt, pepper and seasonings
- bacon, sausages or cheese (optional)
Here’s what you need to do:
- Cook the vegetables in coconut oil or ghee for a few minutes.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add the vegetables. Mix well and pour the batter into a muffin pan (yielding 12 regular size muffins).
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until set. These omelet “muffins” keep in the fridge for a few days and can even be frozen.
What are your favorite combinations of flavors? Mine is broccoli, mushrooms and prosciutto! 🙂