This is one of my favorite breakfast, apart from leftovers! I sometimes have it as a snack or at any other time of the day. It combines good-quality protein and healthy fats and fills me up for a few hours.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- avocado (1/2 to 1 whole depending on the size and your hunger!)
- free-range eggs (at least 2-3 per person)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
Here’s what you need to do:
- Cook your hard-boiled eggs. No more than 6 minutes is usually best. Cool them down in cold water before peeling them and cutting them in bite-size chunks.
- Peel and cut your avocado.
- Mix the eggs and avocado. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice. You can also replace the olive oil and lemon juice with mayonnaise (ideally homemade to avoid inflammatory high omega-6 vegetable oils like canola oil, safflower oil or sunflower oil).
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve!