Today is the first edition of Saturday Radicata Kitchen where I’ll share one of my favorite recipes with you every week. If you’re like me and are all about spending as little time as possible in the kitchen, you’ll love this recipe!
It includes everything you need for a complete meal: fat + protein + veggies/carbs.
And because all the ingredients goes into the same skillet, that means that you won’t have a lot of cleaning to do! What’s not to like about this? 🙂
This is not a fancy recipe.
But this is how I eat almost every day.
Simple but nourishing real food-based ingredients
are all you need to make a quick and tasty meal.
No need to make it complicated.
Without further ado, here is the recipe to make my One-Skillet Garlicky Dinner
(which can of course be lunch or even breakfast if you want it to!).
- 1-2 tbsp tallow, coconut oil or ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1-2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1-1.25 lbs of ground beef (grass-fed)
- 1/2 cooked butternut squash, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Melt your chosen fat in a skillet.
- Add the onions and carrots. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and the grass-fed meat. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the butternut squash and the garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Cook for an extra 5 minutes to make sure everything is warm.
- To cook the butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and bake in the oven at 375F for about 40-50 minutes or until you can easily pierce the flesh with a fork.
- You can also replace the cooked butternut squash with cooked/boiled potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- You can also vary the seasonings to your own taste.
with other veggies, carbs, protein or seasonings. 🙂