Wow! I’m almost speechless.
When I first received the book The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body (by Sarah Ballantyne, PhD) in January, I glanced through it and could easily see how this book was:
1) extremely comprehensive in terms of information, and
2) beautifully illustrated to make its reading even more pleasurable.
I knew right away that it would be a game changer in the life of the millions of people suffering with autoimmune diseases.
Just like my book Digestive Health with REAL Food was soon declared the digestion bible, this book is definitely worthy of the same title in the autoimmune field. And this is so important considering that autoimmune conditions are on the rise and now affect over 50 million Americans (20% of the population).
The Paleo Approach by Sarah Ballantyne is the autoimmune bible!
– Aglaée Jacob, MS, RD
The book is divided into 2 parts:
part 1: the cause
The first part of the book is the most technical part and look at all the different factors that might be contributing to the development or the worsening of autoimmune conditions, taking a close look at:
- how the body’s immune system works
- the role of leaky gut,gluten and and nutrient deficiencies in autoimmune conditions
- lifestyle factors that could also play a role, especially stress management, sleep and physical activity
part 2: the cure
The second part of the book the most practical and concrete part. Now that you gained a more understanding of your autoimmune condition, it’s time for action. May the healing begin!
- the diet: the most nutritious and healing foods for your body
- the lifestyle: all the other factors like sleep, stress and exercise that shouldn’t be forgotten to complement your Paleo Approach
- tips on how to implement all of these changes into your life
- a troubleshooting section answering all of the questions you may have along the way
- what to do in the long haul (the how-to of food reintroduction)
Oh and when I got to p. 212, I had the pleasant surprise of seeing a reference to my name and my book! With the accent and everything, kuddos Sarah! 🙂
Many testimonials are also included throughout the book, not only to help you better relate to other people facing similar struggles but also to share the hopeful message that dietary and lifestyle changes can make a big difference in your health and quality of life.
This book is packed with so much valuable and practical information. There’s enough science in there to satisfy the geeks like me while also breaking the science down into simple terms for everyone to get a good basic grasp of the most important principles behind this approach.
It took me years to collect, research and gain a better understanding of autoimmune conditions… and I had to look up many different resources and spend hours and hours making sense of it all to figure out what was most relevant to my clients. And despite doing a lot of research, there is still a lot that I don’t know…! Sarah Ballantyne managed to beautifully put it all together for you so you can spend less time doing the research and more time getting healthier. Whatever autoimmune condition you were diagnosed with, there’s hope.
And wait, there’s more. She has a companion cookbook coming this summer to help you make the Paleo Approach even easier and tastier. Click on the image to pre-order it now (to lock in the lowest price and guarantee that you get the first copy available). 🙂 Enjoy!
This book and its companion cookbook are going to be an amazing resource
for me and my clients. Thanks Sarah!
If you want the help of a registered dietitian and nutritionist
specialized in the Paleo diet to assist you on your healing path,
sign up for my waiting list
(openings in May 2014). I’d be happy to help. 😉